Thursday, May 5, 2011

View content how you want it with Views


     Some modules just have perfect names. The views module is about viewing content. The module allows to organize content and create custom blocks and lists of content. 
     
     I used views for my main page menu links. Fashion, Accessories, and Beauty are all separate views that I set to a page and set to a different content type. I have a fashion, accessories, and beauty content type on my website. 
The user interface for views was a bit imitating at first but after watching this video I was easy to understand. 

     Basically to set up views you just need to filter what type of content you want for that view. Then you change the page settings and path to where you want the page. The module does require Chaos Tools Suite module as well

No comments:

Post a Comment